Popular Posts

Saturday, October 20, 2012

Tips for Organizing Pictures on Your Facebook Business Page

What do you know, I'm actually posting something about business! I've been looking through craft business pages I like on Facebook, and I've noticed problems I see with their "Photos" sections. I have my own Facebook page (here), and I don't get a whole lot of business, but I do like to try to make sure my pictures are good. So I posted these tips on my page, and now I'm posting them here.


1. Make sure the titles of albums are descriptive. People aren't likely to look through all the albums titled "Untitled Album" and "December 2011."

2. If you make a custom item, put it on your wall. Then put the pictures in an appropriate album. People aren't as concerned wit

h what you made "For Linda" as they are with a beautiful scarf.

3. Put a good number of pictures in each album. Albums should probably have between twenty and fifty pictures in them.

4. Take two pictures of each item. They should be from different angles so customers can see the whole thing.

5. Do not edit the colors of your pictures. It's better for the customer to see the item as it is than it is for the picture to look "artistic."

6. Make sure your backdrop looks good. If your feet are in the picture, your backdrop isn't good. It's best to take your products outside so you get good lighting and you have a neutral, natural backdrop. If you don't have a good place to take pictures outside or it's too cold or hot, open the curtains inside and put up a neutral, uncluttered backdrop such as a sheet or blanket or some kind of board.

7. Make sure your pictures are in focus. It might take several tries, but it is worth it. Not only do in-focus pictures make your business look more professional, but it helps your customers to see the products better.

No comments:

Post a Comment